Leah Vande Velde, the wife of Garmin Cycling's Christian Vande Velde, demonstrates how to make your own energy bars (via the CycleOps PowerCycling channel on YouTube).
Leah Vande Velde Prepares Homemade Energy Bars in the Vande Velde's Girona kitchen.
Recipe: Homemade Energy Bars
- 3 cups of uncooked Oatmeal (Quaker Oats)
- 1 cup of dried mixed fruit, chocolate chips, fruit bits, or favorite ingredient
- 3/4 cup of brown sugar or molasses
- 1 cup Honey
- 8 ounces of non fat vanilla yogurt
- 1 cup of apple sauce
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons of skim milk
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
Combine the ingredients in a large bowl and mix thoroughly. Spread out in a lightly greased baking pan and bake @ 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 28-30 minutes.
More info at the CycleOps PowerCycling channel on YouTube, here.
And for more low-gluten recipes from Leah, check out this at VeloNews.com.